Thursday, April 16, 2009

Playing Friends


On Friday night I was closing the store at 9 pm and was a little worried that I couldn't find our cat WonTon. I called for him, but he didn't come. With the weather kind of getting warmer, he has been staying out at night, showing up at the back door when we open in the morning. So I wasn't too worried.

When I got in the car, however, I caught a flash of black and white in the alley between Chop Suey and Bev's. It looked like WonTon had walked behind the stairwell. Then I noticed a opossum just hanging out right next to the spot I had seen WonTon. I jumped out of the car and carefully walked towards the opossum, thinking I was going to have to break up some crazy Nature Channel animal cage match. Instead, when I got back there, WonTon and the opossum were just hanging out. Not only were they not squaring off, they were palling around. I guess the opossum didn't like me, so he crawled back under the ramp to Bev's. Play date over.

1 comment:

  1. I luv this story. I've had one too many run ins w/ opossums! to think WonTon had a play date. eeeek. --Jeremy

    ReplyDelete