Thursday, March 5, 2009

Nathan Blogs Again!


On his second to last day as an intern at Chop Suey Tuey, Nathan has these reflections:

Hey everybody! It's Nathan again, and I just realized that I forgot to tell you about what happened to me in Coppola's on Tuesday. I had just had a sailor sandwich, and I went down the steps to go to the bathroom. I closed the door to the tiny room behind me, and I figured I should lock it, just in case. A minute later, I turned around to open the door, and it wouldn't open. "Oh right," I said to myself, "the door's still locked." So I tried to unlock it, but the little thing on the doorknob wouldn't turn. I realized the severity of my situation. I called Chop Suey. Andrew picked up. "Hey, it's Nathan," I said. "I'm probably going to be late getting back to work."
"Why's that?" he asked.
"Because I'm locked in the bathroom at Coppola's."
He laughed at that. I probably stayed in the bathroom for about two more minutes before a guy with a key got me out.


Things are going really slow today. I've hardly had anything to do. I organized a bunch of books on art and photography, and shelved some African American Studies, but honestly I've mostly just been sitting around. There was this ten minute period where I watched a Triumph the Insult Comic Dog bit with Ward on Youtube. It was the one where he heckles all the guys at the Star Wars. It was pretty funny, even though I'd seen it before. All in all, I like this job. It's definitely laid-back, and I feel like I'm part of something important. That's all I can really ask for in a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment